Last year we had an amazing, energising, sleep-depriving, inaugural Gifted Awareness Week Blog Tour. It was planned to just take place within Gifted Awareness Week, but a very significant blogger (an MP in an election year) blogged early. The online gifted awareness community got behind me in filling up the gaps to create a continuous chain of gifted awareness blog posts that ran for three weeks. Your generous support is still remembered. Thank you!
As it happened, I learnt last year that a one week blog tour would not have been enough. Readership was much higher in weeks two and three. But a three week blog tour is a lot of work to squeeze into an already busy life, so on Monday, we are starting our second #NZGAW blog tour – a two week tour in support of a one week event. We hope you’ll join us, as a reader or a writer.
If you’d like to contribute your own message about giftedness this June, please read on.
- When do you need my post by? The tour runs from June 11-June 24 2012. Your post must be online by June 24.
- I’d love to share my thoughts about giftedness, but I don’t have a blog. What shall I do? I can host your blog post on this blog.
- What should I write? Your post must be about giftedness or gifted and talented education. The most widely read posts last year began with anecdotes and then called for acceptance and change. Some very touching memories of raising gifted children were valued by readers. Summaries of scholarly work are welcome, perhaps with links to more in depth material. 500-1,000 words is supposedly the ideal length for a blog post, and posts with pictures are more likely to be read.
- What kind of pictures? Anything you can legally use that is in passably good taste. Most readers found the tour via facebook last year, and if you share a blog post on Facebook, a picture on the post will display as a thumbnail. Then the magpie effect comes in… “Ooh! Shiny! Must peck click!”. There are some re-usable gifted awareness images at http://www.flickr.com/groups/1680413@N20/
- Can the blog tour include a post I wrote in the past? Sorry, but no. Your post must be new.
- How do I connect to the tour? Please include the small blog tour picture at the top of this post, and a link back to the blog tour schedule at http://ultranet.giftededucation.org.nz/WebSpace/696/
- How does the tour connect with my post? Contact me and let me know where your blog is. I will add it to the schedule.
- How can I contact you? Make a comment on this post, join http://www.facebook.com/groups/gifted.contacts/ and talk to me there, tweet to @MaryStGeorge, or email me with Blog Tour in the subject line.
I look forward to reading all your wonderful contributions, and raising awareness of giftedness together. Many thanks 🙂
Relevant Links from the Past
- Mass Blogging Event for #NZGAW – A post introducing the first blog tour.
- #NZGAW Blog Tour – The Lessons Learnt – What I learnt last time.
- Top Ten Things I Wish Teachers Understood about Giftedness – The most widely read post in the first blog tour.
- What do Twice Exceptional Children Need? – The second most widely read post.