A week from today, we’ll be starting the 5th #NZGAW Blog Tour. Can you believe it? And we do so with grateful thanks to everyone who has ever supported this event, as a blogger, a reader, a commenter, or a sharer of blog posts. Just in case you don’t know what this event is all about, there is some information below. The New Zealand Gifted Awareness Week Blog Tour is an opportunity for you to have your say about being or supporting a gifted child, about gifted education, about support or the lack of it from government, or about the way forward as you see it. Most people write opinion pieces, often as a call to action. One or two have written poems. Some share their research. Young people sometimes share experiences, encouraging others to seek out similar opportunities. Members of Parliament have always contributed in varying numbers, and at least one of them reads a selection of the blogs each year. You’ll probably be able to tell which one, if you read the political posts. If you’d like to contribute this year, here’s what you need to do:
- Communicate your intention to participate to Mary St George.
- Write something new, especially for the #NZGAW Blog Tour.
- Choose a picture which you own or can legally use. Insert this near the top of your post. This is important because most of our readers arrive via Facebook, and pictures make posts more visible on Facebook.
- Also use the #NZGAW Blog Tour logo, but put that near the bottom of your post. Otherwise it will appear on Facebook, where our most loyal readers will think, “I don’t need to read that one. I’ve seen it before.”
- Publish your post, on your own blog or by emailing it to me, on the day we agree on.
- Enjoy your moment of fame, and support other bloggers in theirs, especially the children who contribute.
Please note that no post which shows disrespect to others in gifted education will be linked to the #NZGAW homepage, even if you have a prior agreement to contribute, or if you add the #NZGAW Blog Tour logo. Past blog tours can be visited at the links below:
Thanks in advance for your support of our gifted kids. by participating in whatever way you can.
Find other #NZGAW Blog Tour posts at http://giftededucation.ultranet.school.nz/WebSpace/1286/.